RISE AGAINST CANCER Campaign
- Initiating more than 10,000 awareness camps in schools, colleges and workplaces.
- Executing cancer awareness campaigns with brand ambassadors like Varun Dhawan, John Abraham among others.
- Hosting cyclothons, walkathons and other community programs like Relay For Life to spread the word.
- Facilitating early detection for more than 30 lakh people through 25,000 camps with the help of mobile detection vans across urban and rural India per Year.
- Suspect cases are provided assistance by ICS by facilitating further investigations at reputed cancer hospitals like the Tata Memorial hospital in Mumbai.
- Disbursing over a 100 crores each year through the Cancer Cure Fund.
- To treat more than 3,000 underprivileged patients every year.
- Through leading cancer hospitals across the country RESEARCH AND LEARNING.
RESEARCH AND LEARNING
- Research through the Cancer Registry.
- Learning programmes through symposia and conferences.
- Indian Journal of Cancer for the medical fraternity REHABILITATION & SURVIVORSHIP.
REHABILITATION & SURVIVORSHIP
- Providing affordable prosthetics to Cancer survivors.
- Providing psycho-social and community adjustment services to cancer patients.
- Building UGAM – a voluntary support group determined to help childhood cancer survivors to rise above all obstacles in life and be victors.
- Build the Second Life Foundation to help cancer survivors lead a fulfilling life.
Indian Cancer Society was established in 1951 by Dr. D.J. Jussawalla and Mr. Naval
Tata as India's first voluntary, non-profit, National Organization for Awareness,
Detection, Cure and Survivorship of those affected with this disease.
Indian Cancer Society has been doing sterling work in fighting cancer across India.
It has been and continues to be the beacon of hope for thousands of underprivileged
cancer patients. The extent of help required is phenomenal. Most of the patients
come to us from all over the country and can’t afford two meals a day. In such cases
undergoing treatment is beyond their capacity.