Rehabilitation and Survivorship
The Indian Cancer Society Rehabilitation Centre (RC) provides various survivorship programs to the cancer patients and survivors. The Cancer survivors and their family members have benefited from the various facilities and aid programs offered by the Indian Cancer Society.
Physical Restoration Services
- Cervical Cancer Rehabilitation Kits
- Prosthetic/Orthotic Appliances (e.g. Upper & Lower Limb Latex Prosthesis)
- Aids and Appliances for Disabilities
Psycho-Social and Community Adjustment Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation and skill training
- Cancer Survivorship Programme
- Counseling for Cancer patients and family members
Aid To Rural/Urban Cancer Patients/ Survivors
- Daily livelihood/assistance to 85/100 Cancer Patients/Survivors and Dependants
- Free food and nutritive supplements
- Medical assistance
- Ambulance Services
- Free clothes, blankets, monsoon kits etc.,
Ugam is a voluntary support group which has been formed by Childhood Cancer Survivors from the After Completion of Therapy (ACT) clinic of Tata Memorial Hospital, inspired by the survivors from across the globe with whom they interacted during the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) meeting in October 2007. Ugam was formally launched on 7th June 2009, first Sunday of June celebrated as Cancer Survivors Day across the world.
UGAM means "To Rise", underscoring the determination of childhood cancer survivors, to rise above all obstacles in life & be VICTORS. The dream of such a support group was seen by a childhood cancer survivor, Shobhit Kaushal, who was a budding & very talented painter-poet who unfortunately was overpowered by his disease .UGAM is the youngest unit of the oldest and most prominent NGO, Indian Cancer Society (ICS) under its survivorship programme.
For more information visit: http://ugamcalling.org/